Monday 17 June 2013

A Top hat!

Hello!

Today I've been having a play with a variation on our Hat template:


This template is from our newest CD Templates & More for just £9.99 - all of the CD's templates come with full instructions and the projects you make can be sold for profit as many times as you like!

To make my template bigger, I simply made a bigger strip for the depth of the hat - I also intend to increase the size of the hat stand for it to sit on!

Ok, so I decided to give a Male project a go with a few of my favourite stamps: Script, Cogs and Pocket Watch/Compass - all paper embellishments are printed from the CD rom.


I used a Hinge clip  with my calendar and circled the date I wanted (It's of no relevance what-so-ever), there are just a few pearls around the edge, some pegs from Wilko's and then my ultimate favourite: a Wishbone! (I finally got around to using one!)


I've used the distress ink pad Gathered Twigs and this was used to stamp Script all over the base cream paper, covering my original template.  The word band says 'live the life you've imagine' which is sold at the Dreamees shop as part of a gorgeous set! 
The little sprockets are also a Tim Holtz Idea-ology product and I finally plucked up the courage to use a couple too!
The mustache, bingo ticket and butterfly are all printed for the CD and distressed using Gathered Twigs.


I used the compass stamp here, punched it out with a 1 1/4" circle punch and then punched a brown circle from 1 3/8" punch to layer up. Cogs are stamped on cream paper and distressed, the chinese coins are just a part of a woodware set we got ages ago!


Above is a gorgeous frame made from a Martha Stewart mould - you can get it from our DT lady Kitty's online store at My Mum's Craft Shop - the clay is super easy to use and dries like polystyrene! I've just inked it with a piece of cut & dry then used a damp paint brush to get into the nooks!

I also used a trinket pin that says Treasure on it, hanging a small key from it.


The playing cards & speech bubble has been printed form the CD and distressed with Gathered Twigs.


My gorgeous pocket watch has been stamped onto cream paper, inked around the edge with Gathered Twigs distress ink and a piece of chain (off an old necklace) threaded through the top. 

The bow has been made using Crinkle Ribbon, dabbed with Walnut Stain distress paint and Tarnished Brass distress stain, screwed up and then dried with a heat tool. It was un-crinkled and tied into a bow!


I really hope you love this as much as I do - I got to use my ultimate favorite colour for this project and it's a great spin on a really girly project!

Have a lovely week!

Hayley xxx


1 comment: